Local News KNRS

 

Fire Destroys Farr West Garage

A FARR WEST FAMILY -- AND HOLIDAY GUESTS, STAYING WITH THEM FROM SOUTH AMERICA -- AVOIDED INJURY, EARLY FRIDAY MORNING, WHEN THEIR ATTACHED GARAGE CAUGHT FIRE.

WEBER COUNTY FIRE MARSHALL BRANDON THUESON SAYS, THE FAMILY'S SMOKE DETECTORS WORKED WELL...AND THEY WERE OUTSIDE THEIR HOME -- NEAR 25TH WEST, 26TH NORTH -- BEFORE FIREFIGHTERS ARRIVED.

A TRUCK WAS DESTROYED IN THE GARAGE, CONTRIBUTING TO THE 40-THOUSAND DOLLARS DAMAGE.

AUTHORITIES BELIEVE THE BLAZE WAS SPARKED BY A FAULTY EXTENSION CORD, LEADING TO AN ENGINE BLOCK HEATER, ON THE PICKUP. 

 

More Articles